Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I bought an ac adapter for my acer aspire and used it, now it smells?

It specifically said it was made for acer aspire 3680's and some other models. My computer is kinda messed up (my charging rod is wiggly, and i think I need a new battery). The cord made my computer battery light up, but only when at an angle... I blame my wiggly charging rod for that issue. The pc would not start up with the new cord though. The battery light would turn green, I would press power on - it would try to start up, then it would blip out, the bat light would disappear for a second, then reappear and continue trying to charge. Went online, found the "remove bat, insert cord, press for 30, start up, put bat back in" trick. It worked. Then my stupid boyfriend moved my extension cord and my ac adapter got unplugged and instantly the pc turned off. Now the trick won't work, and my battery light won't even light up. There is no life coming from my laptop at all. Except a slight burning smell when i was closely inspecting the charging hole. Would amazon really sell me an adapter that would fry my computer, despite specifically being marketed for my laptop??? Do I have any hope left for my piece of machine?

No comments:

Post a Comment